Saturday, February 2, 2013

Wise Words


"Time stops for no one," a wise man once told me.

No matter what pain or suffering you face within this journey of life,
Time will mend the severed wounds that bleed your heart dry.
Through this pain you learn a lot about yourself;
For example: who you are, what you want out of life, what you will become...
The list goes on, but it's your own perseverance that will guide you.

At this point I feel quite frail, weak in a disgust over what I have become;
Not a man quite yet, but far from just a boy.
My wounds have mended but to what extent?
Close to emotionless, feeling more distant from existence each day.

As the clocks serve their rounds, twisting the time away,
I feel trapped in an hourglass of life,
The sand isn't stopping and neither is time.
For me to give up hope is to be buried alive.

I have no intention of quitting,
I'll keep a shovel at hand in case I make a mistake along the way.
Time waits for no one,
But I have no need to slow down.

No comments: